This is a recipe I found in a Japanese cookbook long time ago. It's very simple and easy to make, but tastes really delicious. Nothing can go wrong with smoke salmon anyway, to start with! lol
Roasted salmon with smoke salmon filling
1 whole salmon fillet (about 3-4 lbs)
Salt and Black pepper to taste
130g (yes, I know, the original recipe is written in metric system... I guess 130g is about 4 oz based on the equation of 1 ounce = 30g) smoke salmon
1 1/2 Tablespoon butter, melted
2/3 teaspoon lemon juice
2/3 teaspoon paprika
2/3 teaspoon caper
1/2 teaspoon dill
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
1 1/2 Tablespoon whipping cream
Parsley or dill sprigs, lemon wedges, black olives to decorate the roast.
1. Place salmon roast on a cutting board with skin side down and with a sharp knife make horizontal slits 1 1/2-inch apart. Salt and pepper.
2. Prepare the filling: Finely chop smoke salmon and mix with melted butter. Add lemon juice, paprika, parsley, cream, caper, dill and combine well.
3. Stuff the filling into each slit.
4. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and drizzle the salmon with olive oil.
5. Bake in a 400 degree oven (or a little higher) for 25-30 minutes.
6. Top with parsley or dill sprigs, lemon wedges and olives (whole or sliced).