Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Recipe #1: Ratatouille by Carol

Dear members,

Here's our very first recipe!!

[Ratatouille submitted by Carol]

When I had the first meetup at my house in January 2008, Carol brought her famous Ratatouille.

http://cooking.meetup...

It tasted so good I asked for the recipe. She was nice to give it to me so I'm posting it as the honorable first recipe for us to share! Thank you, Carol!smile

"The Ratatouille recipe is very easy.
In a 2 quart pot put
1 TBLS of olive oil
1 chicken bouillon cube.
Cut up
2 large tomatoes
1.5 zucchini
1/2 onion
and toss them into the pot.

Place the burner on high until the olive oil boils and then turn down to simmer.

Let it simmer for about 30 minutes (depending upon how much you make)

While simmering, add Italian seasonings - basil, oregano, thyme AND (I'm Hungarian!) about 2 pinches of Paprika.
Simmer until vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
NOW - I simmer with the top on so that all the juices build up in the pot.
Then, I put the burner on a medium low so that the juices boil down .
How long depends upon how much you've made. Then it's ready!

Carol"

Now, Sally's talking. I think the key is to get the authentic Hungarian Paprika, but besides going to Budapest, I wonder where I could get it in LA? Please let me know as I want to try the famous Paprika chicken, too!

Sally





No comments: